Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Official, the Seasons are Changing (8-19-2013)

Anyone else notice people are off over the past week or so? People have been a little more irritable, rude, and vapid. I've noticed it in the twittersphere, out in public, and even with myself.

The seasons are changing and our balance is a little off. As I was mulling this over, it inspired a little attempt at poetry, so here it is.

In the Summer
Everything's easy
It's warm and comfortable and perfect
Then the Fall comes
And the seasons change
And we become restless and uncertain
But then Winter sets in
We settle in and get comfy
Soon Summer will return
And everything is easy again

Normally I have a seasonal preference for Summer and Winter. As those of you who know me are aware, I'm a very black-and-white guy. I don't like dealing in shades of gray. This year, I'm glad to see the Fall approaching and all that it entails, even if it means I'm a bit crazier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.