Monday, August 26, 2013

Agenda and Planned Votes for 8-26-2013 East Penn School Board Meeting

1.) Call to Order; Pledge of Allegiance

2.) Requests to Address the Board

3.) Approval of Minutes- I plan to vote in favor of this item.

4.) Report of the Superintendent of Schools
   1.) Presentation: Educational Effectiveness Model and School Performance Profile
   2.) District Update
   3.) Personnel- I plan to vote in favor of this item.
   4.) Revision to the Emmaus HS Discipline Code- While I truly feel that some of the discipline code is too strict and strident (and have done since I was a member of the Emmaus High School Jefferson Committee which was partially responsible for writing the code) I plan to vote in favor of this item at this time. In the future, I may have proposed amendments.
   5.) American Red Cross Authorized Provider Agreement- I plan to vote in favor of this item
   6.) Contract for In School Nursing Services- I plan to vote in favor of this item
   7.) Contract with the Borough of Emmaus (for the Rifle Team)- I plan to vote in favor of this item

5.) Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit: Special Education Services Agreement- I plan to vote in favor of this item.

6.) Policy
   1.) Final Adoption of Board Policy 116.1: Exceptions to the Academic Sequence- I plan to vote in favor of this item.
   2.) Second Reading- Board Policy 206

7.) Business Operations
   1.) Approval of Bill List- While I have, for the past several months, abstained on voting on this item in solidarity with Ms. Donches as she attempts to acquire more information, tonight I will start voting in favor of this item, barring extraordinary circumstances. I believe I have made my point but I continue to support Ms. Donches' efforts to obtain whatever information she feels she needs.
   2.) SunGard K-12 Education Master Software License, Maintenance, and Service Agreement- I plan to vote in favor of this item.
   3.) Retirement Plan Compliance and Administration Services Agreement- I tentatively plan to vote in favor of this item but I retain the right to abstain, based upon how the conversation goes.
    4.) Disbursement of Funds- I plan to vote in favor of this item

8.) Announcements

9.) Adjourn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.