Sunday, June 23, 2013

Agenda and Planned Votes for 6-24-2013 East Penn School Board Meeting

1.) Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance

2.) Requests to Address the Board

3.) Approval of Minutes- I plan to vote in favor of this item.

4.) Report of the Superintendent
   1.) Appointment of Assistant Superintendent- I plan to vote in favor of this item.
   2.) District Update
   3.) Personnel- I plan to vote in favor of this item but I am requesting that one of the "Educational Conferences" be separated out. More on that later.
   4.)  Ticket Pricing for Sports- I plan to offer an amendment to this item that would require all district personnel, including School Board directors, to pay the Student rate to all games rather than receive free admission, as is currently the case. If my amendment fails, I may vote against this item. 
 
5.) 2013-2014 East Penn School District Budget- Both Director Lynn Donches and myself have prepared amendments to this budget that would give the taxpayers not only a zero increase budget, but a budget that would provide a tax cut! Should the amendments fail, I will still likely vote in favor of this item as it does not contain a tax increase.
 
6.) Business Operations
   1.) Approval of Bill List- I plan on joining Director Donches in abstaining on this item until she receives the budget detail she feels she requires. A good example of how the information she is requesting might be helpful is I would have known my proposed cut earlier this week was a part of the LCTI budget (which I support). The current policy is a result of having decades of a board that simply rubber stamps the administration's budget.
   2.) Treasurer's Report- I plan to vote in favor of this item
   3.) SECAP Finance Lease Agreement and State and Local Fair Market Value Lease- I plan to vote in favor of this item. This item is for a District mail machine with a postage meter.
   4.) Record of Investments- I plan to vote in favor of this item
   5.) Disbursement of Funds- I tentatively plan to vote in favor of this item

7.) Announcements

8.) Adjourn!

STOLZ NOTES:
Item 4.3 on the agenda contains an allocation of $1,601.23 of School Improvement Funds (I believe this is from a grant, I plan to ask) for an "Educational Conference" called "Common Core, Now". I have many problems with what I have heard about "Common Core" so far. If you are unfamiliar with what Common Core is, I encourage you to watch Dr. Peg Luksik's presentation on the issue. I am asking this particular conference be voted on separately. I am going to request that a presentation be made to the board after the conference takes place. Even with that stipulation, I am not sure I will be able to support the allocation of funds for this item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.