Friday, May 31, 2013

I Have Officially Withdrawn

This afternoon, I officially withdrew my candidacy for Mayor of Emmaus as well as for Borough Council.

In the race for Mayor, I accomplished what I set out to do in convincing Mayor Iobst to withdraw from Mike Bloomberg's unconstitutional "Mayors Against Illegal Guns". Mayor Iobst is a good and honorable man who is sincere and dedicated in his service to the Borough that we all proudly call home. I endorse him wholeheartedly and without reservation for another four year term.

When I filed to run for Council, I did so with the intention of preventing another Jane Fretz-Patrick Slattery-EYA-Public Sector Union candidate from securing the Republican nomination. The Emmaus Borough Council already has enough puppets. Though I would have relished the opportunity to use the bully pulpit through the course of the campaign to expose the insidious Progressive agenda being pushed on the citizens of the borough, my heart would not have been in it to win it. I look forward to serving the remainder of my term as a member of the East Penn School Board and continuing to be a watchdog for the taxpayers.

In Liberty,

-Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.