Thursday, April 25, 2013

You wanna meet the "real me" now?

As my header and previous post may indicate, I'm a big Joss Whedon/Firefly fan. Sure, Joss is a big Progressive. No one is perfect, least of all, me.

In the Firefly episode "War Stories" a fictional Chinese "warrior poet"/tyrant named "Shan Yu" is quoted as having said
"Live with a man 40 years
share his house
his meals
speak on every subject
then tie him up and hold him over the volcano’s edge.
On that day, you will finally meet the man.”

It's no secret that I'm ambitious and have aspirations for higher office. The entire "Twittergate" scandal has acted as the proverbial "volcano's edge."

Politics is not just a hobby or interest for me. It is a passion that borders on obsession.

I have not always been the School Board director my hometown and community deserve.

During both my first and second school board elections, I was less than meticulous about my campaign finance reports.

This was not the first time I tweeted or commented on social media without first engaging my brain.

I have even taken some fire from the right for not being proactive enough and in some ways, that is fair criticism.
 
 I have not always been perfect, but I have always been honest. In the past, I tried to run away from my tweets or facebook postings rather than accept what I said and learn from the experience.

I believe our President would call this a "teachable moment".

I was a blogger before I was an elected official. From "Right From Lehigh County" back in my younger days to guest blogging at PAWatercooler.com and the LVPoliblog.

This time, when I got myself in trouble, my way of "running home to mamma" was to go back to the blogosphere and take my story right to the people who elected me. My version of using the bully pulpit.

Soon, I'll be making my own "whistle stop" stop tour around East Penn and go door to door so you can all meet "the real me" instead of what you read in the papers, campaign literature, or from my opponents. I encourage the public to come to this blog early and often to get my side of the story.

I should have been blogging and going door to door for years. My community deserves no less from their elected officials. Instead, for 6 years, instead of coming to you, I ran from my mistakes.

Well...
"...I aim to misbehave."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.