Monday, April 22, 2013

Willow Lane Parental Committee to be Formed!

I submitted a resolution to form a Willow Lane Transportation Parental Committee and it appeared on tonight's agenda.

When we sat down and began the meeting, the board found a copy of the following letter from Willow Lane Elementary School Principal Tony Moyer to an interested parent.

Dear Mrs. (Name redacted out of respect for privacy),

Several weeks ago, you participated in the East Penn School District transportation survey for Willow Lane Elementary School. You indicated that you were willing to serve on a parent committee to refine our new drop off and pick up procedures for the 2013/2014 school year. I intend to include 10 parent participants (2 parents from each of the following developments: Beaumont at Brookside, Brandywine Village I and II, Brookside Farms, and Graymoor). The names for the committee will be selected at a public drawing at Willow Lane Elementary School on April 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM. Feel free to join me for the drawing. After the names are drawn, I will send another letter confirming your participation on the committee along with the first meeting date.

Don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

Sincerely,

Dr. Anthony N. Moyer
Principal
Willow Lane Elementary 
Given this development, I withdrew my resolution from the agenda. In my view, this is not the perfect, ideal committee where stakeholders from the Board and Township would also take part, but politics is the art of reaching "good enough" and for me, this passed that requirement. I did (and do) ask that parents continue to keep me informed on the situation and whether their needs and concerns are being met.

If we're going to stop busing the kids, we need to do it right and we need the parents to feel that their children will be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.