Saturday, April 20, 2013

Meeting Agenda Items and Planned Votes for 4-22-2013

1.) Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance

2.) Requests to Address the Board

3.) Approval of Minutes- I plan to vote in favor of this item

4.) Student Government Association Report

5.) Nation School Boards Association Technology Visit Overview

6.) Report of the Superintendent
     1.) District Update
     2.) Personnel- I plan to vote in favor of this item

7.) Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit
     Resolved: That the East Penn Board of School Directors Approve the 2013-2014 Facilities Plan Committee Report that was adopted by the CLIU Facilities Plan Committee on February 22, 2013. In addition, the Board reaffirms its commitment to the original construct of the Facilities Planning, approved November 1, 1989, which consists of a series of prioritized inquiries to be considered in determining the future locations of the CLIU and school district special education classes.
I plan to vote in favor of this item

8.) Lehigh Career and Technical Institute

9.) Legislative Report

10.) Business Operations
     1.) Bid Opening Report- General School Supplies
     2.) Approval of Bill List- Until Ms. Donches receives the information she has asked for, I will continue to join her in abstaining on this vote
     3.) Treasurer's Report- I plan to vote in favor of this item
     4.) GASB 45 Valuation and Related Services Agreement- While I will wait to hear more information during discussion on Monday night, I tentatively plan to vote in favor of this item
     5.) Appointment of Auditor- I tentatively plan to vote in favor of this item
     6.) Appointment of Architects for Professional Services for the Roof Replacement at Lincoln School- I plan to vote in favor of this item
     7.) A Resolution for Designation of Millage Rates Following County-wide Reassessment of Real Estate Values
     Whereas, the Lehigh County Board of Assessors completed a county-wide revision of assessment of real property values in 2012; and

     Whereas, the East Penn School District is required, pursuant to 53 P.S. 6926.327, to reduce its tax rate in the year following such a county-wide reassessment for the purpose of having the percentage increase in taxes levied for the year following the reassessment to be less than or equal to the index for the preceding year notwithstanding the increased valuations of real property under the revised assessment.
    NOW THEREFORE, it is hereby resolved that reducing the fixed rate from 46.75 mills to 16.1259 mills will accomplish the requirements of 53 PS. 6926.327, and the rate is hereby so reduced.
 This resolution shall become effective July 1, 2013.
 I tentatively plan to vote in favor of this item
   8.) Capital Reserve Fund Transfer- I tentatively plan to vote in favor of this item
   9.) Disbursement of Funds- I plan to vote in favor if this item
   10.) Budget Transfers- I plan to vote in favor of this item
   11.) Willow Lane Transportation Committee
   Resolved, That the East Penn School District Board of Directors instruct the administration to form a Willow Lane Transportation Committee to be comprised of but not necessarily limited to, representatives from the administration, Board of Directors, Willow Lane parents, and Lower Macungie Township should the township choose to be part of the Committee
I submitted this resolution (as I promised I would do before the 4-8-2013 meeting ) since I was informed by concerned parents that the promised Willow Lane parent committee has yet to be formed or meet.

The purpose of this committee will be to receive input and have a dialogue with parents who will be affected by the possible pending change in transportation policy by the district so that all major safety concerns are heard and handled in a comprehensive manor.

This is similar to a resolution that I requested at the February 25th, 2012 Board Meeting and later withdrew in hopes that progress would be made with the promised parental committee. At the time, I reserved the right to reintroduce the resolution at a later date.

11.) Announcements

12.) Adjourn

STOLZ NOTES
On several of the items, I note that I plan to or tentatively plan to vote in favor of the item in question. Should I decide to change my vote prior to the meeting on Monday, I will post an update and an explanation on this blog. Of course, I reserve the right to change my vote at the meeting subject to the content of the discussion and debate. I change my mind with the facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.